Alan Pope, Dave Walker, Tony Whitmore and fluffy Tux & Firefox present episode three of season three of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team.
In this week’s show:-
- What we’ve been doing this week including piloting a canal boat whilst under the influence of wifi, configuring an Ortek remote control and playing with MythTV.
- We review and discuss the Cool-er ebook reader.
- We interview Ivanka Majic about her role as Design Team Lead, her team at Canonical, Z80 assembler, and something about buttons.
- In the News this week:-
- We announce some upcoming events:-
- June 11th, 12th & 13th – South East Linux Fest
- 1st – 2nd May, Liverpool, UK – OggCamp 10 sponsored by Linux Format (Media Partner), The Open Learning Centre, The Linux Emporium, Viglen, Bitfolk and OpsView,
- July 19th – 24th – Europython, Birmingham, UK. europython.eu
- Command line love. In Ciemon’s absence Josh Holland contributed the following:-
Bash stores your most recent commands as a command history. Most people are aware of being able to press the up and down arrow keys and Ctrl-R to scan through this history, but there are a couple of other ways to use it too.
You can type
!cp and bash will repeat the last command that started with
cp. As a special case, you can use
!! to repeat the last command and
!-n to go back n lines. You can also use
^string1^string2^ to repeat the last command with
string1 replaced by
EcosphereBit about Ubuntu has discussion of..
- And finally we cover your emails, tweets and dents and voicemail since our last show
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone on +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: email@example.com or skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums