Laura Cowen, Ciemon Dunville, Alan Pope, Tony Whitmore are proud to present episode four of season three of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team.
In this week’s show:-
- What we’ve been doing this week including blogging, making a poster in Inkscape, going to the theatre, getting back into being a radio HAM, playing with software for radio HAMs, buying music from the Ubuntu One Music Store,
- In the News this week:-
- We announce some upcoming events:-
- April 17th – OSSBarCamp, IBM Pembroke St. Offices, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- June 11th, 12th & 13th – South East Linux Fest
- July 19th – 24th – Europython, Birmingham, UK. europython.eu
- 1st – 2nd May, Liverpool, UK – OggCamp 10 sponsored by Linux Format (Media Partner), The Open Learning Centre, The Linux Emporium, Viglen, Bitfolk and OpsView and our new sponsor Recruit12.
- We interview one of the newly appointed OSI Directors, Simon Phipps. During the interview we discussed lots of hot topics including the BBC DRM, the UK Digital Economy Bill, and ACTA. You can read more from Simon on these issues here and at the links below.
- Open Rights Group – anti BBC DRM campaign
- Ofcom consultation – respond to BBC content management plans
- Write To Them – contact your MP / MEP about the Digital Economy Bill and ACTA
- La Quadrarure Du Net – French/English language ACTA information site
- Electronic Frontier Foundation – EFF Action site – great for US citizens
- Ciemon is back with a simple Command line love. :-
Stringing together a couple of commands into a script is easy enough to do. In this example Ciemon puts together the commands to update your Ubuntu system:-
# A script to update and dist-uprade
echo "Updating software sources and then uprading the distro"
sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
EcosphereBit about Ubuntu has discussion of..
- And finally we cover your emails, tweets and dents and voicemail since our last show
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone on +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: email@example.com or skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums