A full house of Laura Cowen, Ciemon Dunville, Alan Pope, Dave Walker and Tony Whitmore bring you season three, episode two of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
In this week’s show:-
- What we’ve been doing since the last episode including helping family members use Ubuntu, falling victim to a Twitter phishing scam, visiting Canonical HQ, migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit Ubuntu without losing data during the re-install and blogging.
- We discuss the new brand unveiled today including theme, logo and font proposed for Ubuntu Lucid and beyond.
- In the News this week:-
- We announce some upcoming events:-
- 13th & 14th March – Maker Faire in Newscastle http://makerfaire.com/newcastle/2010/attend/
- South East Linux Fest – June 11th, 12th & 13th – http://southeastlinuxfest.org
- 1st – 2nd May, Liverpool, UK – OggCamp 10 sponsored by Linux Format (Media Partner), The Open Learning Centre, The Linux Emporium, Viglen, Bitfolk and OpsView,
- Command Linux Lurve
$ xrandr -q | grep -w Screen
EcosphereBit about Ubuntu has discussion of..
- And finally we cover your emails, tweets and dents and voicemail since our last show
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: sip: email@example.com and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums