Laura Cowen, Alan Pope, Tony Whitmore, Dave Walker and sadly no Ciemon Dunville are back again from ‘Studio B’ with an all new episode of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK Local Community Support Team.
In this week’s show:-
- What we’ve been doing this week including more trying out and filing bugs on wxbanker and OpenMolar and avoiding Flash on YouTube with greasemonkey & YouTube Perfect script, feature freeze, MythTV 0.22 packaging, Asterisk 1.6 packaging, Gallery 3 and Sugar on a Stick .
- We discuss software snobbery.
- The News:-
- Aussies defence force using Linux
- Skype supports pulseaudio with latest release
- Possible Skype vulnerability
- Novell UNIX ownership thrown into question
- Sharp shows off new MID
- MythTV 0.22 nears release
- Nokia releases the N900
- Oracle gets the go ahead to buy Sun
- Chrome/Chromium 64-bit progress
- Moonlight beta 2.0 out
- Dell Armless no longer?
- Windows 7 is 3vil0r!
- We announce some upcoming events:-
- August 31st to September 4th – Ubuntu Developer Week
- September 19th – All around the world, Software Freedom Day
- September 19th – Dublin, OSSBarCamp
- September 19th – IBM Facility on Northside Parkway, Atlanta, GA, USA, Atlanta Linux Fest
- September 21st – 23rd – Portland Oregon, LinuxCon
- September 25th – 27th – Greater Columbus Convention Center in downtown Columbus, Ohio, USA, Ohio Linux Fest
- September 26th – 28th – The Workstation, Sheffield, UK – CMS Made Simple GeekMoot
- September 28th – London, Launchpad Community Meet Up
- October 2nd to 4th – All around the world, Ubuntu Global Jam
- October 24th – Newhampton arts centre, Wolverhampton, UK, LUGRadio Live 2009
- October 25th – Connaught Hotel, Wolverhampton – OggCamp – A joint venture between Linux Outlaws and Ubuntu UK Podcast
- November 3rd – Bloomsbury Theatre, London, Comedy gig in aid of Bletchley Park
- February 6th to 7th February 2010 – University Libre Brussels, Belgium, FOSDEM
- We talk a bit about what to expect at OggCamp
- In yet another
ripoff ofhomage to a BBC show, we introduce a segment called ‘Just A Moment’ where we give eachother 60 seconds to talk about something cool we recently discovered. We’d love to hear your ‘Just A Moment’ on our voicemail! Details below. We used a buzzer effect in this segment from guitarguy1985 called buzzer.wav
- The Ecosphere
- OpenShotVideo request help
- Tobias Wolf adds Thusnelda to his PPA
- Ubuntu-Mx start a Podcast
- Ubuntu Software Store needs your help
- Jack to be in main?
- Launchpad Devs request feedback
- New features in the desktop Ubuntu installer
- And finally we cover your emails, tweets and dents and voicemail since our last show, including a fantastic version of our logo in sand from Josh Holland.
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: email@example.com
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 845 508 1986, sip: firstname.lastname@example.org and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums