Laura Cowen, Ciemon Dunville, Alan Pope, Dave Walker and Tony Whitmore present the fifteenth episode of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK Local Community Support Team.
In this episode we have:-
- A discussion on possible backup solutions after one of the team does something silly and loses a lot of data.
- New Chunky Sarcastic News
- Jono announces the new sponsorhip process for the next Ubuntu Developer Summit coming up in December.
- Jaunty Jackalope is announced as the code name of the next release (9.04) after 8.10 – Intrepid Ibex.
- New dark theme in Ubuntu 8.10.
- Dirac reaches version 1.0, and VLC releases 0.9.2 which supports it.
- Greg Korah-Hartman hits out at Canonical for not submitting more patches to upstream Linux kernel, in his keynote at the Linux Plumbers Conference.
- IBM releases Lotus Symphony Beta for Ubuntu.
- Crossover create a WINE based port of Chromium, the web browser Google Chrome is built upon.
- Time to announce the winner of the Bitfolk VPS competition from last time.
- A new competition to win a Canonical Store voucher.
- We have a heated discussion about 5-a-day.
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Up to 30 seconds of voicemail can be left at +44 (0) 845 508 1986
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Discuss this episode in the Forums