Laura Cowen, Alan Pope, Dave Walker and Tony Whitmore present the sixteenth episode of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK Local Community Support Team.
In this episode we have:-
- A discussion about the conflict between Ubuntu and Kubuntu
- A catch up after our backup segment in episode fifteen.
- We talk about remote support solutions
- All New Chunky Sarcastic News
- Oliver Grawert announces new Ubuntu Mobile images.
- Soren Hansen releases a new version of his VM Builder tool.
- Major bug in the Linux Kernel shipped with 8.10 causes some Intel network cards to break.
- Intel shows off booting Linux in under 5 seconds.
- WikiPedia moves to Ubuntu on 400 servers.
- Sun releases VirtualBox version 2.
- Jono announces the winners of the Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase competition.
- MSI announces disappointing return rate for Linux based netbooks.
- We announce the winner of the competition.
- A new competition to win a Canonical Store voucher.
- We receive lots of great feedback, including plenty (both positive and negative) about our previous Backup and 5-a-day segments.
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: email@example.com
Up to 30 seconds of voicemail can be left at +44 (0) 845 508 1986
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Discuss this episode in the Forums