Laura Cowen, Mark Johnson, Alan Pope, and Tony Whitmore are in Studio A for episode 20 of season 4 of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
In this week’s show:-
- We chat about using Ubuntu One instead of Dropbox, upgrading a desktop PC from Maverick to Natty, writing the UUPC Christmas panto (oh no we don’t…), and working out how to create a PDF from PHP (guess who that was).
- We interview Trystan Lea and Glyn Hudson from the OpenEnergyMonitor project who we met at Homecamp 4. We also have the second installment of Podbusters, the quiz with slightly harder questions than it had the first time round.
- In the news:-
- We have a Bit About Ubuntu:
- We have a command line lurrrrrrrrve pointed out to us by Graham Bleach. Spark is a command line graphing tool which you can use to do things such as provide an illustration of the response from the ping command (spark-ping) or you can put it to more exciting uses… Download it and get creative!
- We have your feedback, including a contribution from someone who is very definitely not the Wing Commander.For more information about the petition to the Dutch government about open standards in schools, see petition, FSFE article (in English), open letter (in English), and follow @janstedehouder on Twitter.
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: email@example.com and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums