Laura Cowen, Tony Whitmore, Alan Pope, and Mark Johnson are back in Studio A to bring you episode 5 of season 4 of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
In this week’s show:-
- Whilst Alan hovers outside Studio A, we talk about what the rest of us have been doing including getting excellent support for SPSS on Ubuntu from a University, learning about automated unit testing and taking some headshots for actor friends!
- In the news:-
- We mention upcoming events:-
- 28th April – Ubuntu UK LoCo Natty Launch Party – The Porterhouse in Covent Garden, London.
- 15th October – Barcamp Blackpool – Blackpool Pleasure Beach, UK
- 10th – 12th June 2011 – South East Linux Fest in Spartanburg, South Carolina, US
- We interview Victor Palau, Platform Services Manager at Canonical about Ubuntu Hardware Certification, the blueprint to communitise hardware certification and we pose your questions to him.
- Command Line Love – “Copy *everything* in the current directory and subdirectories (including hidden files, symlinks and so on) with permissions intact.”
$ find . -depth -print0 | cpio --null --sparse -pvd /new/dir/
- Tony makes us play “Who wants to be a copyright infringer”. Guess who wins. Guess who doesn’t.
- We mention some Ubuntu-related news in the Ecosphere:-
- ..and in the ‘Not About Ubuntu’ section:-
- Finally we have your feedback.
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: email@example.com
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: firstname.lastname@example.org and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums