Laura Cowen, Tony Whitmore and Guest Presenter Mark Johnson (whom you may remember from command line love last time) bring you episode 16 of season 3 of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
In this week’s show:-
- We talk about about what we’ve been doing including starting a part-time PhD, looking at LaTeX & Texmaker, playing with Mendeley.
- In light of a code proposal we discuss whether telling developers to learn graphical tools to generate mockups is preferable to creating code samples.
- In the news:-
- We mention some upcoming events:-
- FOSSBox – Software Freedom Day event – Friday 17th September, Fossbox Workshop, Stephen & Matilda Community Centre, 46 Matilda House, St Katharines Way, London E1W 1LG
- OSS Bar Camp – Open Source themed Barcamp – University College Dublin on the 25th and 26th of September
- Ubuntu App Developer Week – September 27th – October 1st (formerly known as Ubuntu Opportunistic Developer Week)
- We talk to Andrew Wafa about openSUSE and the upcoming openSUSE Conference 2010 (20-23 October 2010 in Nuremberg).
- We mention some Ubuntu related news in the Gerald/bit-about-Ubuntu/ecosphere:-
- Finally we have your feedback
- Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: email@example.com and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums