Alan Pope, Mark Johnson, Tony Whitmore, and Laura Cowen are joined by Dan Lynch from the Linux Outlaws podcast and Les Pounder from the Full Circle podcast for the OggCamp Live Show which, conveniently, is also the thirty-fifth episode of Season Six of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
In this week’s show:-
- We (obviously!) talk about OggCamp 13!
- We discuss whether we’re witnessing the decline of Ubuntu…
- We also take a look at what’s been happening in the news:
- Google are offering bounties for patches to non-Google Open Source projects
- Oracle have released a Paper entitled “The Department of Defense (DoD) and Open Source Software”
- There’s a Humble Bundle 7
- Ubuntu 13.10 has been released for desktop, server and phone
- Mark Shuttleworth announces the next release of Ubuntu
- Aaron Seigo of the KDE project has challenged Mark to an open debate on a podcast
- The BBC are going to put some content online first, before broadcast TV
- We thank lots of people, including the volunteer CREW and our lovely sponsors who made OggCamp 13 possible (go buy their stuff!):
We’ll be back next week with a bunch of short interviews from OggCamp!
Please send your comments and suggestions to: email@example.com
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: firstname.lastname@example.org and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Follow us on Google Plus
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad