In this week’s show:-
- We experiment with live video again!
- We take a look at what’s been happening in the news:
- SteamOS is announced
- NVidia publish some technical documentation of their GPU
- Ordnance Survey release a Mindcraft rendering of the UK OS OpenData
- Two crowdsourcing projects are launched: synfig and tupi
- A Kickstarter campaign for an affordable 3D printer, PeachyPrinter, is launched
- Google+ hits 1 billion accounts
- We catch up with what’s happening in the Ubuntu community:
- And not in the Ubuntu community:
- And we talk about OggCamp13:
- 19th & 20th October, LJMU Liverpool.
- Tickets available now – 300 sold!
- Accommodation info on the site. Book quickly!
- Most of the scheduled speakers confirmed (Abstracts on the website)
- Barney Brown – Inside the Intercontinental Music Lab
- FreakyClown – How I rob banks and why you should be scared
- Javier Ruiz, Open Rights Group – PRISM and Mass Surveillance: a turning point
- Gary Smailes – Open Publishing – A call to Arms
- Lightning Talks
- Live Show
- Give a talk! Guidelines are on the website
- LJMU Open Labs
- The OggCamp Community
- Ubuntu supported by Canonical
- If you’re interested in exhibiting your project/group, open hardware thing, or donating swag for the raffle, contact email@example.com
We’ll be back next week, when we’ll interview Nekhelesh Ramananthan about developing core apps for Ubuntu Touch and read your feedback!
Please send your comments and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: email@example.com and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Follow us on Google Plus
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad