Alan Pope, Mark Johnson, Tony Whitmore, Laura Cowen, and podcats are back in Studio A for the twentieth episode of Season Five of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
In this week’s show:-
- We interview Kevin Safford about his plans to use Linux to support Alzheimer’s sufferers.
- We discuss the cult of personality in open source.
- We also talk about Star Wars: Dark Forces on Linux, buying a game on Steam on Linux, upgrading laptop to 12.10, and using Darktable.
- In the news this week:-
- And we forgot to mention:
- Random Hacks of Kindness in Southampton, Oxford, and Exeter – 1st-2nd December (see our interview in the last show)
- Victoria Pritchard and Robin Catling dust off another audio recording of an episode of ‘Tomorrow’s Technology Today’ from the Herbert Maxwell Fosdyke Curmudgeon Memorial Sound Archive.
- We chat about some Ubuntu related news in the bit-about-Ubuntu:-
- Work in progress to enabled 12.10 to run on Windows 8 hardware…
- The road to the 14.04 release…
- New version of the Code of Conduct released…
- It’s Ubuntu Community Appreciation Day!
And in Not-about-Ubuntu:
- And we have your feedback.
Join us on Tuesday 4th December 2012 for our next live episode.
Please send your comments and suggestions to: email@example.com
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: firstname.lastname@example.org and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Follow us on Google Plus
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad