Mark Johnson, Tony Whitmore, Alan Pope, and Laura Cowen are back in Studio A for the thirteenth episode of Season Five of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team! It’s our 100th episode!!!
In this week’s show:-
- We talk about going to the beach, making screencasts with Kazam, and Tony’s photography project at OggCamp this weekend.
- We interview Edvin Linge of the CorsixTH project which is re-writing the games engine of ace 1997 game Theme Hospital.
- As it’s our 100th episode, we thought we’d indulge our nostalgia and run through what we’ve talked about over the past 100 episodes. What were your favourite moments?
- In the news this week:-
- And events-wise we have…
- OggCamp- 18th-19th August – Liverpool, thanks to our lovely sponsors:
- Skycon – 6th-7th October – University of Limerick
- HackManchester – 27th-28th October – Museum of Science and Industry as part of the Manchester Science Festival
- Victoria Pritchard and Robin Catling dust off another audio recording of an episode of ‘Tomorrow’s Technology Today’ from the Herbert Maxwell Fosdyke Curmudgeon Memorial Sound Archive.
- And we name the competition winner for the EcoPC.
- We mention some Ubuntu related news in the bit-about-Ubuntu:-
- Game port runs faster on Linux than original on Windows…
- Car drives itself running Ubuntu…
- Winners of the Ubuntu App Showdown are announced…
- Will they, won’t they keep old Nautilus in 12.10?
- Whoopsie might be switched off in 12.10…
And in the Not-about-Ubuntu we cover
And we have your feedback.
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: email@example.com and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Follow us on Google Plus