Alan Pope, Mark Johnson, Tony Whitmore, Laura Cowen, and The Big Mixing Desk are back together in Studio A for the eleventh episode of Season Five of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
In this week’s show:-
- We discuss some of the ideas sent in by listeners for our Raspberry Pi competition (including this video entry from Andrea Lobo) and we announce the winner (but you’ll have to listen to the show to find out who!)
- We announce our new competition to win an EcoPC – make sure you send us your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th August 2012.
- We have a Hot Topic: Should we welcome proprietary software on linux?
- In the news this week:-
- And events-wise we have…
- Ubuntu UK BBQ – Saturday 28th July – Farnham, Surrey.
- OggCamp – 18th-19th August – Liverpool, thanks to our lovely sponsors Bytemark and hosts Liverpool John Moores University. Book the hotel – 20 rooms left!
- Electromagnetic Field camping festival – Friday 31st August-Sunday 2nd September – Milton Keynes.
- Ohio Linux Fest 2012
- Victoria Pritchard and Robin Catling dig up another audio recording of an episode of ‘Tomorrow’s Technology Today’ from the Herbert Maxwell Fosdyke Curmudgeon Memorial Sound Archive.
- We mention some Ubuntu related news in the bit-about-Ubuntu:-
- And in Not-about-Ubuntu:-
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: email@example.com
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: firstname.lastname@example.org and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Follow us on Google Plus