Mark Johnson, Tony Whitmore, Alan Pope, and Laura Cowen are back for the third episode of the new season of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
Note: We’re no longer providing ‘low-fi’ Ogg and MP3 versions of the show. To reduce our workload, disk space and sanity the show is now only available in high quality MP3 and Ogg format for your listening pleasure.
In this week’s show:-
- We talk about about what we’ve been doing: Testing Unity, attending the official Doctor Who Convention in Cardiff, feeling guilty about wanting a closed, proprietary, Kindle…then getting over it, installing CyanogenMod on an HTC phone, and restoring from a backup (unlike this time last year).
- We interview Richard Hughes about many things, including GNOME power management and colour management, and his personal project ColorHug.
- In the news:-
- And some events:-
- Ohio Linux Fest – Columbus, Ohio – 28th-30th September
- Barcamp Canterbury – University of Kent, Canterbury – 28th-29th April
- Ubuntu UK Release Party – Bar Soho, London – 26th April
- OggCamp 12!
- Art & Design Academy, Liverpool John Moore University, Liverpool
- 18th-19th August
- Details of speakers, accommodation, extreme ironing 2.0 to follow
- Robin Catling and Victoria Pritchard dig up another audio recording of an episode of ‘Tomorrow’s Technology Today’ from the Herbert Maxwell Fosdyke Curmudgeon Memorial Sound Archive.
- We mention some Ubuntu related news in the bit-about-Ubuntu:-
- And in Not-about-Ubuntu:-
- Finally we have your feedback.
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: email@example.com
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: firstname.lastname@example.org and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Follow us on Google Plus