Mark Johnson, Alan Pope, Tony Whitmore and guest presenter and friend of the show Laura Czajkowski stutter into life for a second live episode for season four of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team.
In this week’s show:-
- We introduce “Stunt” Laura and talk about about what we’ve been doing including editing a video on Ubuntu without crashing, developing Cartwall, being interviewed for Computing magazine, using Vim and organising meetings for Surrey LUG.
- In light of his tour of the UK, we discuss the relevance of Richard Stallman in 2011.
- In the news:-
- We mention some upcoming events:-
- Ubuntu UK Pub Meet – Saturday 19th of March 4pm, to watch the England Vs Ireland Rugby match, at the Northcote pub in Clapham.
- Open Source Junction – Tuesday 29 and Wednesday 30 March – Two-day workshop to show delegates how to manage the production of cross-platform mobile apps in an open development context
- UCubed – 2nd April – Madlab, Manchester, UK
- The Ubuntu UK LoCo will be holding a Quiz Night on Saturday 16th April at 21:00 BST. The quiz is open to all and will be held in #ubuntu-trivia on Freenode
- We examine and discuss Ubuntu Bug 723831 which seeks to enable non-free by default.
- We briefly mention the current blog-based-bunfight du-jour “CanoniGNOMEAppIndicatorGATE!” (snappy name needed, apply within!)
Whereupon thepast is woken up and given, a kick in the..
- We mention some Ubuntu related news in the Gerald/bit-about-Ubuntu/ecosphere:-
- In some not-about-Ubuntu news :-
- Finally we have your feedback
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: email@example.com and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums