Laura Cowen, Mark Johnson, Tony Whitmore and Alan Pope return to bring you episode 1 of season 4 of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
In this week’s show:-
- We introduce the team, and welcome Mark as a new regular presenter
- We discuss whether the Free Software world actually drives innovation, or whether it just copies proprietary products.
- In the news:-
- We mention some upcoming events:-
- Command line love. – Russ Philips sent us this command to help generate secure passwords:-
while [ `expr length "$WORD"` -lt 8 ]; do WORD=`shuf -n1 /usr/share/dict/words`; done; echo $WORD; WORD=""
- We introduce the UUPC Quiz!
- If you’d like to send us questions for a later quiz email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll have that forwarded to the next quizmaster.
- We mention some Ubuntu related news in the Bit-about-Ubuntu:-
- We introduce a new segment to compliment the ‘bit’, called Not-about-Ubuntu:-
- Finally we have your feedback.
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: email@example.com
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: firstname.lastname@example.org and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums