Laura Cowen, Mark Johnson, Alan Pope and Tony Whitmore get together for the penultimate episode of season 3 of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!
In this week’s show:-
- We talk about what we’ve been doing including attending Barcamp Southampton and playing with the Windows Beta of Ubuntu One
- With a week full of WikiLeaks news we discuss the issues of relying on others to host our data in the cloud
- In the news:-
- Command Line Love
Scan the network for machines running SSH from David Leadbeater, also see http://www.pixelbeat.org/cmdline.html:-
nmap -A -v -p 22 x.x.x.x/x e.g. (nmap -A -v -p 22 192.168.0.0/24)
After listening live to our command line love above, Graham Bleach told us how to turn broadcast ping back on by tweaking
- We interview Cassidy James from the Ubuntu Adverts Team about their plans for world domination!
- We mention some Ubuntu related news in the Gerald/bit-about-Ubuntu/ecosphere:-
- Nurse! It’s the papercut ninjas!
- Pulse Audio isn’t always to blame
- Ubuntu LTS is a stable release, except when it isn’t
- Ubuntu gets features it should have had on day One
- Belinda Lopez kick starts the Ubuntu Developers Manual / Ubuntu Application Development Manual / Ubuntu Application Development Handbook / Teach Yourself Quickly Quickly Book thing.
- Fedora getting Unity Love
- Finally we have your feedback
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: email@example.com
Leave us some segment ideas on the Etherpad
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 203 298 1600, sip: firstname.lastname@example.org and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums