Twas the show before Christmas, when all through the house
No hardware was glowing, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the PC with care,
In hopes that Mark Shuttleworth soon would be there.
Presenters nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of ten-oh-four danced in their heads.
And popey in his nightgown, and Dave in his cap,
We’d just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a Russian Soyuz, and eight eager reindeer.
With a dashing young driver, so full of largess,
I knew in a moment it must be Mark S.
His reindeer charged onwards, their eyes all aflame,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!
“Now Castro! now, Holbach! now, Remnant and Bacon!
On, Langridge! On, Spencer! on Zimmerman and Watson!
Let’s make this distro its users enthral!
Find bugs in Ubuntu, we must solve them all!
He sprang to his capsule, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight,
“Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!”
Laura Cowen, Ciemon Dunville and Tony Whitmore bring you the festive final episode of season two of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team.
In this week’s show:-
- What we’ve been doing this week including fresh installing and upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10, doing command line sysadmin work for lug.org.uk, working on LUGRadio Live videos using KDEnlive.
- We interview Steve Spurley from FreeScale about the ARM platform and the outlook next year for ARM based devices
- In the News this week:-
- We announce some upcoming events:-
- We discuss our predictions for next year as
The Year of The Linux Desktop
Ecosphere Bit about UbuntuRudolf has discussion of..
- And finally we cover your emails, tweets and dents and voicemail since our last show
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on IRC in #ubuntu-uk-podcast on Freenode
Leave a voicemail via phone: +44 (0) 845 508 1986, sip: email@example.com and skype: ubuntuukpodcast
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums