Laura Cowen, Ciemon Dunville, Tony Whitmore, Dave Walker (and a bit of Alan Pope) present the latest mammoth episode of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK Local Community Support Team.
In this week’s show:-
- What we’ve been doing this week including ADSL woes, Drupal upgrades and having your head in the clouds.
- We discuss whether we should exclusively use Free (as in speech) web services and formats, and whether it’s more important to be inclusive than to use solely Free services.
- The News
- We announce some upcoming events:-
- June 12th to the 14th – Owen Sound, Canada, Writing Open Source
- June 13th – Clemson, South Carolina, South East Linux Fest
- June 19th & 20th – New York, New York, Open Video Conference
- June 28th to July 4th – Birmingham, UK, EuroPython 2009
- July 20th – Nottingham, UK, Open Source Schools Unconference
- September 19th – All around the world, Software Freedom Day
- October 24th – Newhampton arts centre, Wolverhampton, UK, LUGRadio Live 2009
- We have an interview with the lovely Daniel Holbach about his work with the Ubuntu community and get his advice on packaging applications
- We announce the winners of episode four’s competition to get Ubuntu One invites
- We start a fantastic new competition to win entry to three days of Europython 2009 including two nights of accommodation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answer before Sunday 7th June 2009
- We delve into the Ubuntu Ecosphere (or “Gerald”, as we called it this episode)
- And finally we cover your emails, tweets and dents since our last show
Comments and suggestions are welcomed to: email@example.com
Up to 30 seconds of voicemail can be left at +44 (0) 845 508 1986
Follow our twitter feed http://twitter.com/uupc
Follow us on Identi.ca http://identi.ca/uupc
Find our Facebook Fan Page
Discuss this episode in the Forums